The SSC online application process for any SSC recruitment or exam involves the following two steps. You need to ensure completion of both the steps for a valid online application for the SSC exam.
One time registration: This is a one time process. You are provided a registration id and password after completion of this registration process. This id and password is required to login and fill the application form for the SSC exam you wish to take.
Filling application form for exam: Different application forms need to be filled to sit for different SSC exams. If you have completed the SSC registration process, click on a link below to know about online application process for the exam:
There is a one time registration process for any SSC exam. Thus, you need to first register if you have not registered for any SSC exam in the last one year. This stage involves providing your basic details, photograph and signature. If you have, then you need to directly go to the application stage.
To complete the SSC online registration process, you need to do the following:
• Collect documents required to fill in details
You need to be very careful with the details you provide in your SSC online registration form. This is because of the following reasons:
• Document verification is done if you find a place in the provisional allotment for the exam. Errors or mis-matches found at this stage result in cancellation of your selection.
• In case any of the details provided by you are not supported with required documents or do not match the document, then your selection is cancelled.
• Some of the data can only be changed one time. Thus, you only get two chances to correct some of this information. In case you do not get it right, you will not be able to apply for any SSC recruitment.
• Matriculation Certificate (Class 10 board certificate): This is required to fill the details during registration. The details required from there include your name, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name and exam roll number.
• Aadhaar Card: to fill your Aadhaar number, if you have one.
• Certificate of Disability: to provide your disability details and certificate number, in case you are applying under the PH category.
• Contact Details: Address with Pin Code, mobile number and email id.
• Scan of your Photograph: Take a recent colour passport size photograph with a light/ white background. Ensure that your complete face and eyes are clearly visible and cover over 80% of the photograph. Scan this in .jpg format, keeping the size between 4 kB to 20 kB. The image dimensions should be 100 px width and 120 px height. Keep 10 copies of this photograph in physical form for submission at various stages of the selection process.
• Scan of your Signature: Sign on a blank white sheet with a black pen. Then scan the signature and save the image in .jpg format. The size of this signature image file should be between 1 – 12 kB. The image dimensions should be 40 px height and 60 px width. Ensure that you sign yourself, as these signatures are matched with your signature on the exam paper.
There is a common registration process for all SSC exams. Thus, if you have registered for any SSC exam in the last one year, then you do not need to register again. And can move to the next step of starting to fill your application form.
Those who will be registering for the first time for an SSC exam, need to follow the below mentioned steps:
• Go to http://ssconline.nic.in. Click on any available “Click to apply” link. As this is a one time activity, you can choose any exam to get to the registration form.
• Click on the “Register” button on the left hand side of the page, under “New Registration”, to open a form containing the basic details.
• Fill the form with your name, father’s name, your date of birth, 10th board exam roll number and your gender. The form asks your to verify each of these. Please ensure that you fill in the spellings exactly as per the Matriculation Certificate, even if you feel that they are incorrect. Enter the captcha text shown to you and hit “Enter”.
• Check all details filled in this form, as you can not change them later. Once you are confident, click “OK” on the alert. You will be taken to the next form, where you need to fill in some more basic details.
• On this form called the Staff Selection Commission – Registration for Examination, you need to provide details for three sections – Personal Details, Basic Details and Contact Information.
• Make a note of the Registration number and password provided on the top of the page. This will be required for you to view/ edit your registration details and also to make the application. Keep this noted till the final result.
• Upload the scanned copies of your photograph and signature, by first cliking on “Choose File” to browse the image and then “Submit photo” and “Submit signature” buttons to upload them. In case they are not as per directions, you may need to edit the size of the images or re-scan. Then click “Next”. This completes your registration process and you are taken to the login window, to follow the next steps.
• Personal Details: The only field left to fill here is the mother’s name. Ensure that the spelling your provide matches with that in your matriculation certificate.
• Basic Details: This includes fields the optional fields of Aadhaar Card and Visible Identification mark. In case you do not have one, you can leave these fields. Then there are some complusory fields of Category (SC/ ST/ OBC/ General), If you belong to a religious minority community, nationality, and if you are a person with disability. In case you are, then you would need to provide additional details on the type and percentage of disability and the Certificate number and date of issue.
• Contact Details: Here you need to provide your mailing address, including Pin Code. Also, you are asked to provide your Mobile number and Email Id as a mandatory requirement.
After filling up your registration form, you can make some corrections to it. However, you can only make any corrections BEFORE submitting the Application Form for the SSC exam you are applying to. It will be of no use to make changes after you have submitted the SSC online application form for an exam.
Also, NOTE that you can only edit the following details only ONCE:
• Your name
• Father’s name
• Mother’s name
• Date of birth
• Matriculation roll number
The other details may be edited each time before filling up of a new online SSC application form.
To edit your details in the registration part of the SSC online applications, follow the following steps:
• Go to http://ssconline.nic.in
• Click on “Apply link” of the exam you wish to apply for. Or click on “Check Status” of any other exam.
• Login to edit registration form: Then enter your date of birth, registration number and password in the “View/ Edit Registration” section on the right hand side of your screen. Enter the text and click “Submit”.
• Make the required changes. And click “Submit”. Check the information filled twice before finally submitting the changes.