Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has announced dates of online examination for the recruitment of individuals for 335 vacancies for the post of Specialist Officer (including I.T. Officer Scale-I). Online examination for IT officer Scale I will held on 28th and 29th of January, 2017. So it is the time you should start preparing for the exam so that you can qualify for the final round. There are 4 sections and a minimum qualifying score in each subject is must to clear the exam. Due to the vast syllabus, changed IBPS IT Officer exam pattern and very high competition, it is necessary to follow a well planned study schedule to achieve the ultimate goal. In subsequent sections, you will get a detailed IBPS SO 2017 Preparation Plan for IT Officer that includes below topics which will guide you throughout your journey towards success.
- IBPS IT Officer 2017 Exam Format and Expected Cut off
- Trend Analysis
- Exam Strategy for Quantitative Aptitude
- Study plan and Important Topics
- Points to Keep in Mind
IBPS IT Officer Exam Pattern 2017 and Expected Cut off:
IBPS IT Officer 2017 will be an online test consisting of 4 Subjects mentioned below-
- There is 1/4th negative marking for an incorrect answer.
- IBPS IT Officer expected overall cut off is discussed below.
Sr. No Subject No. of Questions Maximum Marks Time allotted for each test (Separately timed) Sectional Cut off (General Category) 1 Quantitative Aptitude 50 * 30 minutes 8 2 Reasoning 50 * 30 minutes 12.5 3 English Language 50 * 25 minutes 9 4 Professional Knowledge 50 80 35 minutes 48 Total 200 80 140 minutes Overall cutoff: 48
- Minimum qualifying marks in each section is required to clear online exam.
- Also the marks of Professional Knowledge section have been increased this year form 75 to 80 and hence the weightage of Online exam (marks of Professional Knowledge) and interview will be 80:20.
In subsequent sections, you will get a clear idea of exam strategy and detailed study plan to clear the cut off with a good score.
IBPS IT Officer Quantitative Aptitude Section
The quantitative aptitude test measures the numerical ability and accuracy in mathematical calculations of the candidates. The questions range from purely numeric calculations to problems of graph and table reading (Data Interpretation), Ratio, Percentage analysis etc.
Before you start preparing for IBPS IT Officer Scale I, first is to trace the paper pattern of previous years and analyze expected trend for this year. Here is Expected number of questions in 2017 based on IBPS specialist officer aptitude question paper 2016.
Unit Topics No of Questions 2016 Expected Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning Line Graph 6 12 Pie Graph 6 Table and Caselets 6 5 Numerical Aptitude VBODMAS, Laws of exponents and Round off & approximations 5 + 1 7 Series 5 5 Income / Salary 1 1 Averages 1 1 Algebra Inequalities 6 5 Selection( Combination) 1 1 Ratios & Percentage Compound Interest and Simple Interest 2 6 Profit & Loss, Discounts, Mixtures, Partnership 3 Measurement & Rates Boats & Streams and Trains 2 5 Problems on Ages and Work 3 Mensuration Circle 1 2 Cylinder 1 Total 50 50
This table gives an idea of different topics asked from various Topics in IBPS IT Officer 2016 Quantitative Aptitude Paper, based on the IBPS SO Syllabus for IT Officer. All the topics mentioned here may or may not be repeated in 2017 but we can assume that the trend will hold.
Based on the trends and cut off marks, an exam strategy and detailed study plan which will be helpful to cover important topics to clear the cutoff for Quantitative Aptitude section under IBPS IT Officer 2017 is as below.
For Quantitative Aptitude section of IBPS IT Officer 2017, aspirants can follow the below given Exam Strategy to attempt most of the questions.
- Time limits: You have 36 seconds per question as you have only 30 minutes for the complete section (50 questions).
- First Target: Set your first target to get 10 marks in this section this will take you over the cut off expected. For this, choose 13 questions from the topics in which you are more comfortable and solve them with atleast 90% accuracy taking 135 seconds per question.
- Score High: After you have secured marks for cut off then target for more. Attempt 25 questions with an accuracy of 80% to get you about 18.75 marks taking 72 seconds per question. This is the speed that you should start targeting for, as it will be helpful when you sit for the IBPS IT Officer Scale I exam.
- It is suggested before you start, you should take mock papers of Quantitative Aptitude so that you can easily point out your strongest and weakest points and work on them.
Study plan and Important Topics
To complete the syllabus on time follow the given detailed study plan which gives you an idea about types of questions asked from various topics from Quantitative Aptitude syllabus of IT Officer Scale I.
S. No Unit Topics Remarks 1 Numerical Aptitude
(Expected Questions: 14 which is sufficient to clear the cut off)
Operations on Integers, Decimals and Fractions 1. Required in almost all Quantitative Aptitude problems so master your calculations first.
2. Also learn squares and cubes of first 20 natural numbers to speed-up the calculations.
VBODMAS, Laws of exponents and Round off & approximations 1. Problems based on the order of operations in which they are carried out.
2. An expression containing numbers and operators between them is given.
3. Follow the VBODMAS rule to find the missing value or to calculate result of the expression.
4. Sometimes it is also asked to take approximate values for calculations (e.g. 3.89 ≈ 4).
Series 1. A series of number is given. You are asked to find the next, missing or wrong term in the series.
2. For solving this you just need to trace the pattern between each pair of given terms.
Averages 1. Averages is another type which can be used in solving questions from some other chapters as well.
2. You need to understand the concept of averages and how it changes when some terms are increased or reduced.
2 Ratios & Percentage
(Expected Questions: 6, Reuqires basic calculation, based on that questions are asked in Data Interpretation
Percentage 1. The concept of percentage is the most important topic from this chapter.
2. They are used in questions from across other chapters as well and also a high number of questions can be expected from its applications such as Discount, Profit & Loss, and Simple and Compound Interest.
Compound and Simple Interest Profit & Loss, Discounts Ratios and Proportions 1. Ratios and proportions have a few direct questions.
Apart from this, these are used along with percentages in numerous settings.
2. The most important concept is to know the difference between a ratio and a proportion and which one to use in the question.
Partnership and Mixtures 3 Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
(There are total 34% questions from these topics so attempting these questions can help you to clear the cut off .)
Table and Caselets
- Problems from Data Interpretation consists of a table or graph based on which there are certain questions that need to be answered.
- The questions may ask to calculate Average, Percentage, Ratios or any other operations to find the solution.
- Requires faster and accurate calculations.
Line, Pie, Bar Graphs Data Sufficiency 4 Algebra
(Expected Number of questions: 6)
Formulating and Solving Linear and Quadratic Equations 1. There can be a direct equation (Linear or Quadratic) is given or you need to formulate on based on the given problems.
2. It can be used to solve various other problems like work, speed, mensuration, Problems on ages etc.
and Arrangement & Selection
1. Based on the given problem, you need to find number of ways in which given data can be arranged or selected or probability of occurrence of any event.
2. Calculation of factorials is an important concept to solve these type of problems.
5 Measurement & Rates
(Expected Questions: 5)
Boats & Streams 1. Some general questions based on time, distance and speed, Boats & Streams are asked.
2. Sometimes they also require conversions among the units (Speed form KM/h to M/Sec).
3. Formulate and solve equation for the problem.
Trains Problems on Ages and Work
- Questions are based on Work done and a Ages.
- To solve them you need to formulate and solve linear equations.
(Expected Questions: 2)
2 D Mensuration Based on area, perimeter and diagonals of rectangles and squares 3 D Mensuration Question from Concepts of Volume and surface area and their units (and conversion from one unit to another) for Cubes, Cuboids and Cylinders figure in the exam.
Above study plan is based on trends analysis of previous years papers of Quantitative Aptitude section of IT Officer Scale I. You should refer IBPS IT Officer Study Materials for preparation of IBPS IT Officer Scale I 2017. And also take IBPS IT Officer Mock Test for practice and to assess the areas in which you need to prepare harder.
Points to Keep in Mind
Remember the fact that only marks of Professional Knowledge section are considered for merit list however marks of Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, and Reasoning Ability are also important as each section requires an individual minimum cut off marks to qualify.
We hope above study plan will help you to complete the syllabus on time so that you can prepare for other 3 sections as well.
It is suggested that you should practice on an updated platform which provides separate timings for each section as per the new paper pattern. To get Online Practice test for IBPS IT officer login to eclonline.com which gives you overall result to enhance your performance, all in one place.
एसएससी सीजीएल अँग्रेज़ी की तैयारी कैसें करें - परीक्षा पैटर्न, कट ऑफ, प्रचलन विश्लेषण, महत्वपूर्ण अध्याय, परीक्षा रणनीति और अध्ययन योजना
मैं एसएससी सीजीएल परिमाणत्माक अभिरुचि Quantitative Aptitude की तैयारी कैसे कर सकता हूं?
एसएससी स्टेनोग्राफर ग्रेड सी और डी परीक्षा 2017 - वेतन, रिक्तियाँ, आवश्यक पात्रता, परीक्षा तिथि, कट-ऑफ, ऑनलाइन आवेदन प्रक्रिया, परीक्षा केंद्र, परीक्षा पैटर्न और चयन प्रक्रिया
2017 एसएससी स्टेनोग्राफर परीक्षा में पदों के पसंदीदा क्रम का चयन कैसे करे|
एसएससी सीजीएल रीजनिंग के लिए तैयारी कैसें करें?